After Long run...what to do?
Updated: Oct 15, 2022
Coaching tip# what to do after long run
1. Never miss the stretching. 10-15 min of whole body stretch is well needed. Ask for help if you are not able to stretch yourself.
2. Long distance runners should have roller in their home. If you feel muscle sourness then try roller. Roller reaches the muscles which we may miss in stretching.
3. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Watch your urine. If it's dark yellow then it means you are dehydrated.
4. A carb rich quick snacks replenish carbs store in body, eat Dates, banana, fruits drinks (avoid sugary) are good options.
5. Eat variety of protein rich diet after run. Ask coach if you need help here.
6. Take preferably cold/hot shower after run. It's tough... But you will love it after it.
7. If you have pain in any part then report it to coach
8. Share your Garmin web link or the activity data with Coach.
9. If required take rest... 5-10 min shavaasan (corpse pose) is very beneficial. If you have habit of meditation then 10-20 min meditation also help you to restore faster. Ask coach, which meditation is good for you.
10. Your body is inflamed so avoid going in crowd, as you don't want to get friendly with virus.
11. Within 4-8 hrs you should be normal. If it's taking more time for you to come to normal then talk to coach.
12. Most important take a good sleep to recover.
Integrated Wellness Coach
Life | Nutrition | Physical Coach